Our special farm tips
If one day you don’t feel like hiking, you may enjoy a leisure day at the farm or accompany us in our daily farm work.
What is happening on our farm in the spring?
- Tires is in the heart of the mountains, however, on a sunny slope on the southern side of the Alps, and is therefore one of the sunniest corners.
- Already in MARCH there is no more snow at the farm, thus, no icy roads
- The temperatures in MARCH / APRIL are quite mild, thus, our old apple tree is in full bloom
- Enjoy the peace and quiet at our mountain farm and read a book under the old apple tree …
- At the farm and on the meadows, the fresh leaves of Ribwort and Yarrow are already sprouting. They are ideal ingredients for a soothing herbal tea…/li>
- A day trip to the Mediterranean Lake Garda …? You may reach it in 1 ½ hours and can already enjoy early summer temperatures!
- Ski enthusiasts will have great fun until mid-April on perfectly prepared and snowy slopes in the nearby ski resorts Carezza and Alpe di Siusi. In only 20 minutes, the bus takes you to the ski slope or to the winter hiking trails at 2000 m.
- 9 different animal breeds live with us at the farm. There is much to discover, to see, and to do:
Feed the bunnies,
cuddle the kittens,
watch ducks and chickens,
groom the ponies “Rocky” & “Willy” and the donkey “Friedolina”,
feed dwarf goats and calves,
watch the farmer milking the cows,
and maybe give it a try yourself …?! Farmer Valentin will be happy to show you how it works!
- Do your children feel like pony riding? Farmer Valentin will be happy to accompany them around the farm.
- Parents may enjoy their peace – while the children can move and play freely – on our private playground, far away from busy streets.
- Your children may look forward to the Easter egg hunt on our farm.
- APRIL is “Dandelion” time: An ocean of dandelions surrounds our farm … many delicacies can be created from this precious plant! Farmer Angelika will be happy to show you how
- And the asparagus are ripe – you simply cannot miss this culinary delight in the various restaurants in the vicinity.
- In MAY, you may smell the scent of fresh spruce shoots near our farm: Have you ever enjoyed the beneficial effects of spruce honey?
- MAY / JUNE is the time for elderberry blossoms … many elderberry shrubs grow around our farm … If you would like to make your own elderberry juice, Angelika will be happy to give you many tips.
What can you experience on our farm in the summer?
- Beginning of JUNE “Bergler-Harass”: A culinary event of a special kind amid untouched nature
- JUNE / JULY / AUGUST – Would you like to enjoy a guided hiking tour from alpine hut to alpine hut at 2000 m below the Catinaccio together with other farm guests?
- Hay harvest at the farm: The scent of freshly mown mountain meadows surrounds the farm – a special treat for body, mind, and soul …
- We will be happy about many helping hands!
- Would you like to spend a night in the freshly made hay bed? Relax completely, feel the alpine pasture on the skin …
- In the evening, you may take a leisurely walk from the farm to the nearby mountain brook and refresh your feet in the cool water …
- Enjoy a barbecue evening with the farmers’ family and all guests under the old apple tree.
- Of course, our guests may use the garden BBQ at any time.
- And the children can look forward to bread on a stick at the barbecue under the old apple tree.
- A one-day excursion to the famous Arena in Verona (only 1 ½ hours away) – be fascinated by marvellous opera sounds …
What awaits you in the autumn?
- SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER: Discover the many small things of everyday life on a mountain farm together with us!
- Join us for some hay work (now it’s time for the last cut), visit the vegetable, fruit, and herb garden, admire the flowers, or work in the barn. There is always something to do and new things to experience!
- OCTOBER / NOVEMBER: The days are getting shorter, but during the day, the temperatures are still mild and very pleasant. Until the beginning of November, you may generally still wear short-sleeved shirts.
- Now is also the time for pure pleasures: The aroma of roasted chestnuts is in the air … look forward to chestnut roasting with the farmer’s family and all guests at the farm under our old apple tree.
- Most of the higher alpine huts are open until the first week of November and offer culinary delights as a refreshment for hikers.
- Do you like tinkering with hay? Angelika shows you big and small handicrafts with hay.
- Just rest comfortably in the lounger and enjoy the distant sound of the mountain brook
- Listen to the flowing of the small spring water fountain in front of your apartment door
- Or cuddle our kitten’s fur and enjoy even the quiet ambience
- Watch the free-range chickens
- If possible, we enjoy a Törggele Hike with our guests starting directly from our farm: On a colourful autumn path, surrounded by the most varied tones of red and orange and yellows, a leisurely hiking trail leads us to a tavern where we enjoy a typical “Törggele” plate and new wine.
What to do in the winter?
- DECEMBER / JANUARY Discover winter experiences on our winter page!